Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia. Vivamus ut bibendum libero. Phasellus mauris erat, sagittis a magna a, mollis placerat ex. Ut consectetur aliquam eleifend. Donec ac tempus tortor. Sed efficitur mauris nunc. Integer tristique nibh id diam maximus aliquet rhoncus nunc dapibus.
Caldera Group’s commitment to protecting the environment is a top priority in its daily business activities. A sound green policy is therefore applied, consisting of the following:
- flow restrictors installed on taps in all rooms
- drip irrigation system used in the hotel gardens
- less water-demanding plants selected
- tap, pipe etc leakages systematically reported
- housekeeping service provided only partially on Sundays
- LED lights installed in all rooms
- fluorescent lamps installed in all backyards
- motion detectors used in public WCs
- room key cards turning off the lights upon leaving the room
- natural lighting of the lobby and the main restaurant
- sensors deactivating A/C upon opening the balcony door in the room
- preset A/C in the guest rooms only operating at ambient temperatures over 22C
Rapid reduction in plastic consumption
Since 2018, we have said ”NO” to plastic straws, encouraging our guests to use pasta straws instead, or no straw at all, which led to a plastic straw usage reduction in our hotels ranging from 32% to 68% in the period between 2018 and June 2019.
In Caldera Beach hotel, a more “aggressive” no-plastics policy was applied through the exclusive usage of paper straws, paper plates, paper cups and paper salad bowls, which led to a massive 74% reduction in plastic kitchen utensils in the period between 2018 and June 2019.